Sorry, we’re only available to Cheshire and Lancashire residents at the moment.



Please tick if you would like Fairerpower to send you information relating to products and services that we are offering

Is your energy bill dual fuel?

We use your data in line with our privacy policy

Call us on 0330 102 7510 for pay monthly or 0330 102 7511 for pay as you go.
Renewal date not yet up? Register your interest here to keep in touch.
Get a Quote

Important information

Fairerpower Terms & Conditions

For information about what we have changed in our Terms & Conditions please see here

What we promise our customers

Our guaranteed standards of performance
To make sure you can rely on a great level of service from us, Fairerpower and our partner OVO are committed to achieving certain guaranteed and overall standards of performance.

Find out more

Our Agents

Sometimes we need to come to your home to do things like read your gas or electricity meter, check on a fault you have told us about, or replace an old meter. The people we send round are our ‘agents’. We use two companies, Lowri Beck and Siemens, who we trust to do these kinds of jobs for us. Our partner OVO arranges for our agents to go out to properties so they will also be acting on behalf of OVO.

How to know an agent is genuine
Our agents will always introduce themselves and tell you exactly why they are visiting you.
They will be wearing a Lowri Beck or Siemens uniform, and come in a company car or van with the blue and yellow Lowri Beck logo, or the Siemens logo.

We take your safety very seriously, so if one of our agents visits you can always:

  • Ask which company they are from
  • Ask for official proof of their identity
  • Ask for their name and ID number
  • Call us on 0800 408 6716 to check their details

Our agents will always have Lowri Beck or Siemens identity cards, which they will show you – you shouldn’t even need to ask.

Their card shows:

  • A Lowri Beck or Siemens logo
  • A colour photo of them
  • Their name and signature
  • Their reference number
  • The card’s expiry date

It’s always worth asking to see the agent’s ID card, and checking it carefully before you let them in. If you’re not sure about someone who says they are a Fairerpower agent, don’t let them in. Call our friendly team on 0800 408 6701 to check they are genuine and ask why they are visiting you.

Your own password
If you are worried about forged cards, or not being able to read the small print on an identity card, you can set up a personal password. It can be any six letters or numbers, or a mix of both, and our agents will have to use it every time they visit you. We will keep your password totally secure, and only give it to the agent who is coming out to you (and a couple of the team here so they can look after your account).

Whenever our agents visit you, ask them to tell you the password before you let them in. If they don’t give the right one, don’t let them in, and call us straight away on 0330 102 7510. To set a password or change one you have already set, just give us a call.

What if I can’t pay my bill?

If you’re struggling to pay your Fairerpower bills, or worried that you might be about to, please give us a call as soon as possible. We’d much rather you spoke to us – we’re here to help. You can reach us on 0800 408 6701. Our friendly advisers will talk you through your options, based on your circumstances. Then we can work out a payment plan together that will help you keep any debt as low as possible.

If your debt keeps on going up we might need to fit a repayment meter at your home.

Repayment meters
With a repayment meter in your home you pay for your energy as you use it. It’s a great way to help you budget, clear any debt and make sure you don’t get any big bills. You do have to make sure there’s always credit on the meter, though, or it will disconnect itself and you’ll have to add credit to start getting your energy again.

Of course, we’ll only fit a repayment meter if it’s safe and the right thing to do. We’ll talk about how much of your payments we’ll take towards clearing your debt. And if you’re going to add credit with cash payments, we’ll tell you where you can do it close to your home.

If we recommend you get a repayment meter fitted and you say no, we might have to disconnect your supply.

The Fuel Direct Scheme
If your account is in debt and you get Income Support, Pension Credit, Employment and Support Allowance or income­ based Jobseeker’s Allowance, you can ask your benefits office to pay us directly. This is called Fuel Direct and is run by the government’s Department for Work and Pensions (DWP).

Fuel Direct covers what you’re spending on energy at the moment and also pays off a bit of your debt every week. It’s a fixed amount (£3.65 per week at the moment – set on 12th November 2014). We also agree an amount with the DWP that we’ll take in future to stop your debt getting bigger.

Disconnecting your energy supply
We’ll always try to help you come up with a manageable way to pay for your energy, but if you don’t pay for your energy at all, we’re legally allowed to cut off your supply. We’ll do our best to stop this happening. If we have to pay any charges for disconnecting or reconnecting your supply (like a locksmith’s fees, for example), we’ll add them to your account.

If we do have to disconnect your gas or electricity, we’ll write to you and call you at every stage, to keep you up to date with what’s happening. We’ll also visit your home before disconnecting your energy, to give you information about reconnecting and the ways you can pay. If you still have debt on your account after we’ve disconnected you, we might take legal action to get the money back.

Between October and March we won’t disconnect your energy if you are a pensioner living alone, or if you live with people of pensionable age, or aged under 18. We’ll also do our best not to disconnect your supply during these months if anyone in your home is disabled or chronically ill. If we use a debt collection agency, they’ll follow these rules too.

For more advice and help with money worries you might find these places helpful:

  • The Debt Advice Trust 0800 954 6549
  • The National Debtline 0808 808 4000
  • StepChange Debt Charity 0800 138 1111
  • Community Legal Advice (CLA) 0845 345 4 345
  • Your local Citizens Advice Bureau.

What is the Warm Home Discount and do you offer it?

Yes! The Warm Home Discount is a government-run scheme that provides a one-off £140 payment (including VAT) to help customers pay their electricity bills and keep warm through winter.

Through the council’s partnership with OVO, Fairerpower residents have access to OVO’s Warm Home Discount scheme. The 2018/19 scheme is now open, so if you think you’ll need the discount for the coming winter, register here. We’ll let you know how your application is coming along within 5 days of receiving it.

Our Priority Services Register

Our Priority Services Register is a confidential list of customers who would struggle to manage if they lost their gas or electricity supply. This helps us understand how we can give everyone just the right service. Every year we get in touch with all our customers to let them know we have got a Priority Services Register and encourage them to tell us if they feel they should be on it.

You can ask to be put on the Register if you’re a Fairerpower customer and one or more of the following:

  • old enough for a State pension
  • disabled
  • chronically ill

Whatever you tell us about on the PSR, we will keep it totally confidential. We’ll only share it with a few members of our team who genuinely need to know so they can give you the right service. It also helps us make sure we keep you up to date with any information you might need and look after you first if there are any power cuts.

If you think you should be on our Priority Service Register, just call us on 0330 102 7510.
We’ll ask you a few questions over the phone to make sure you should be on the register, or we can post you a copy of our questions for you to answer and return to us.

What do I do if I’m moving home?

No problem. All you need to do is log into My Account (my.fairerpower.co.uk) and fill in the ‘Change of tenancy’ form in the ‘About Me’ section of My Profile. We will need to know:

  • The date you moved out of the property, or are going to move out
  • A meter reading for that date, or near it
  • Your new address or forwarding details
  • Your new phone number

And if you can tell us, it would also be great to know:

  • The name/s of the new occupier, their phone number and email address.
  • The date they are expecting to move in.
  • The name and address of the landlord (if there is one).

You can also let us know in My Account if you’d like us to supply energy to your new home, as long as you’ll still be living in the Fairerpower region. If you choose to stay with us, one of our customer service advisors will give you a call. It’ll take about 4 to 6 weeks to switch you over. Please take a meter reading as soon as you move in and give it to the current energy supplier. If you don’t know who this is, just email our customer care team at hello@fairerpower.co.uk and we’ll look it up for you.

What to do in an emergency

If you smell gas or think you have a leak:

  • Open all doors and windows to let the gas escape.
  • Don’t turn light switches on or off, use doorbells, mobile phones or naked flames.
  • Check your gas appliances are switched off.
  • Call the 24-hour national Gas Emergency Hotline on 0800 111 999.

If you have a power cut:
To report a power cut or dangerous situation, you will need to contact your local network operator. But before you do…

  • Check your trip switch to make sure you don’t have a fault with your wiring or an appliance.
  • Check if your neighbours are having problems too. If they are it is likely the problem is with the local network and you will need to contact the operator.

If the problem is with your meter you can call us on 0330 102 7510.

Your local network operator
You may need to contact your Local Network Operator if:

  • you have a power outage
  • you need your meter board or main fuse moved
  • you have to upgrade your supply

To find your Local Network Operator, simply type your postcode in using this link

Gas Safety Checks

You can get a free gas safety check if you:

  • haven’t had a gas safety check in the last 12 months
  • are on means-­tested benefit
  • don’t live in a rented property (if you do, your landlord should check your appliances every year)

And can say yes to one of these:

  • you live with other people and at least one of them is a child under five years old
  • you’re a pensioner, disabled or chronically sick – and you live alone
  • you’re a pensioner, disabled or chronically sick – and live with others who are all disabled, pensioners, chronically sick or under 18.

If that’s you, we’ll sort out your free gas safety check with a certified Gas Safe registered engineer. And if they spot anything that’s faulty or not safe when they’re there, they’ll disconnect your gas supply before they leave.

If not, you can always arrange your own gas safety check – just make sure you use an engineer who’s on the Gas Safe Register.

Carbon monoxide poisoning
If your gas appliances haven’t been properly installed or looked after, they can produce deadly carbon monoxide. It’s an odourless, colourless and poisonous gas that can escape in your home without you knowing. It’s very difficult to detect and breathing it in stops oxygen being absorbed by the body, as blood binds carbon monoxide 200 times more readily than it does oxygen.

The symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning are similar to flu, food poisoning, viral infections and tiredness – so it’s easy to mistake them for something less serious.

Look for:

  • Headaches
  • Dizziness
  • Nausea
  • Breathlessness
  • Collapse
  • Loss of consciousness

If you think you (or someone else) might be affected by carbon monoxide poisoning, you should get out into the open air and get medical help straight away.

As a precaution, it’s always a good idea to install a carbon monoxide alarm with EN 50291 approval.

If you think a gas appliance is leaking carbon monoxide you should:

  • Switch off your appliance and don’t use it again until it’s fixed
  • Shut off your gas supply at the meter control valve (if you know where it is). If gas keeps escaping, call the National Grid on their Gas Emergency Freephone Number 0800 111 999 or by textphone on 0800 371787 (they’re open 24 hours a day, every day, including Bank Holidays).
  • Open all doors and windows to let fresh air in the room – and don’t sleep in it
  • Go to your GP right away and tell them you think your symptoms could be to do with carbon monoxide poisoning – and ask for a blood and/or breath sample
  • Get a Gas Safe registered engineer to fix your appliances.

Gas distribution

Strict standards are laid down for the supply of gas in the UK. You can find out more about them here:

Gas distribution standards

Know your rights

The rapidly changing energy market can be very confusing – but the Citizens’ Advice Bureau has some very useful information, including your rights when you’re changing suppliers.

Find out more

How to tell us if you’re unhappy

If we ever make a mistake or do something wrong, please let us know about it straight away. We’ll aim to fix it the first time we hear from you.

Our complaints procedure is very simple:

Get in touch by calling us on 0330 102 7510, emailing hello@fairerpower.co.uk, or writing us a letter. However you want to get in touch, we want to hear from you. Once we know what’s happened, we’ll do everything we can to put it right within five working days.

If we can’t fix it straight away, our Complaints team will call you to talk to you in more detail about what is going on, and work with you to sort it out. If they can’t get hold of you on the phone they’ll send you an email or letter within five working days.

We’ll then follow up to see if you think the issue’s been resolved. If not, you can ask us to look into things again or get our ‘final response’ (sometimes called a deadlock letter). This means we haven’t been able to resolve things for you. In it, we’ll recap what’s happened and what we’ve suggested, and give you contact details for the Energy Ombudsman.

How the Energy Ombudsman can help

The Energy Ombudsman is an independent organisation which you can ask to pick things up for you, for free, once you’ve had our final response (or if it’s eight weeks since you complained and we still haven’t fixed things). If they decide that we should do something for you, we legally have to do it (but if they think there is something you should do, you don’t have to go with their decision).

Have a look here to see how many customers have complained, what happened next, and how, with our partner OVO, we sorted things out at the end of each quarter and year.

I think I’ve had a scam email claiming to be from Fairerpower – what should I do?

It’s always good to be on the lookout for scams by post, phone or email. Scammers are trying to get at your personal information and will often encourage you to hand over details such as your account number, password or address. We follow strict security procedures to protect your personal information. This includes following certain guidelines (like checking your identity when you phone us).

We’ll never ask you for your personal information without going through this process.
If you get an email that you think may not really come from Fairerpower, please ignore it.
Don’t click on any links to external sites or open an attachment if you are not sure where it came from. If you are in any doubt please email us at hello@fairerpower.co.uk to check.

If we send you an email, any links that ask you to visit Fairerpower will only ever take you to one of these addresses:


If you click on a link and you don’t see any of these addresses at the top of the page, exit straight away.

We strongly recommend you never tell anyone your My Account login details and always remember to log out of your account when you have finished.

Back to FAQs